October 27, 2010

Get the Look - Goth Dolly

Updated 03/05/2011 & 03/06/2011


This is strictly my own personal opinion about the matter. All material uncovered was done through a public google internet search with a few different keyword entries.

Due to information uncovered and revealed about this company, I cannot in good conscience or good faith recommend anyone support this reportedly handmade, organic small business. If information had been disclosed prior to discovery by the shop owner herself, I would have no problem with continuing to purchase. Regretfully, the scope of the lie and how many different people it could have potentially affected and hurt leaves me no other choice than to say this is not an honest company to do business with.

For information as to why, you can read more below:


http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-way-that-way-which-way-whats-going.html
http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tale-of-orglamix-organic-ending.html


Or click here for more links and topics. The information can be found just below the introduction paragraph on the page.

**********************************************************


WOAH ladies- I definitely creeped out this one! These white contacts are freaaaa-ky! I was definitely having a lot of fun putting this look together- and while I thought I was filming a fantastic video....

I was horribly let down. Heartbroken.
Ok, well, admittedly not that bent out of shape- but not entirely too happy that my video ended up with me looking like an Oompa-Loompa. Yep, ORANGE. I don't know how the heck I managed it- considering I had very pale face makeup on which was pretty white. Orange!? I guess I really screwed up the white that one. [pouts]

Luckily for me, I took quite a few pictures of this one. I think my hair looks awful... Honestly, I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it. Meh. It happens I suppose. I went ahead and just did a slideshow of the pictures I had taken, and put text in on how to apply the makeup....




I hope it was easy to follow along to and understand!

As for all the cosmetics, there was quite a bit.

For the makeup base on my face, essentially I took equal parts of white smudge-proof face paint I picked up at Spirit Halloween Store, a pale foundation I have, and 2-3 times those amounts of a good face cream moisturizer. I used Nivea Soft, which comes in a big white tub, and mixed the three different mediums together on the top of a tupperware lid. You can use a plate, or any flat non-porus surface. Once the colors are evenly blended, pick some up on your fingers and rub the mixture onto your face everywhere. Make sure to get a little on your eyelids, into the corners of your nose, and into your hairline. This will look streaky at first. Basically- we want the face done first.


Taking a wedged cosmetic sponge, stipple the makeup into your skin. Basically- lightly holding the sponge, press in and slightly twist to really work the color into your skin. This will give you a flawless finish. Work through this rather quickly- because the white face paint dries quickly. The more moisturizer you apply into the color, the more pliable it will stay. Don't use too much though, because it will take forever to dry. Remember to color your ears too! Once the color is all over your face- dust it all with translucent powder.

That's the trick to getting a good pale face!





The rest is explained in the video, but here's the product list of what's on my face. ALL products were purchased by me!

Face:

White Smudge-Proof Cream Makeup from Spirit Halloween
Too Faced Magic Wand Illumination Foundation in London Fair
Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream
High Definition Powder from E.L.F. (translucent)

Eyes:
Orglamix Cosmetics Eye Shadows in:
Midnight (black)
Black Magic (glittery black)
Baie Rose (rose, with gold undertones)
Watermelon (medium pink)
Jasmine (shimmery, barely-there pink)

Wet 'N Wild Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black
E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black (inside and outside corners of eyes only)
Wet 'N Wild MegaLength Mascara
Fantasy Lashes in pink and black from Spirit Halloween

Lips:

Outlined with black eyeliner.
Filled in with Watermelon from Orglamix.
Dab of lipstick from E.L.F. in Candlelight.


Happy Halloween My Ghouls and Goblins!



~*SP

No comments:

Post a Comment