October 22, 2010

Get the Look - My Wicked Ways Halloween Request

I'm anxiously awaiting this video to upload to YouTube. Not much longer, and it'll be live! So I'll cool my heels and give you a little background on this one. (No, still haven't figured out what's going on with the weird purple fade video yet, but I will!)

This was a requested look by one of my fantabulous YouTube subscribers, and I have to admit... I had a lot of fun thinking about what I'd have to do to come up with something that would impress. AngelHoney08- this is for you! Since it wasn't exactly specified what kind of smokey eye was to be designed.... I kind of took artistic liberty and came up with this:



Yes. Smokey. Gothic. FUN! And bright!!!! The video and my pictures didn't quite capture the hot pinks like I had hoped... So this look, as much as you may think is intense now, is much brighter in person! So without any further ado- take a peek at the video:







Now I have to admit, I did get some new brushes from E.L.F. I'll post what I have later on, and links for you..... Seriously, if you want some professional brushes for pretty much Dollar Store prices... Yep, I'm serious! You can luck out and buy them as a set, and some of the freebie promos they run also get you some brushes. Ok ok ok, I digress.



This is one of my favorite color combinations to work with. Pinks, purples, and blacks- you can't ever go wrong with! I used all eye shadows from Moi Minerals Cosmetics in some great new colors she's just sent along for me to use, review, and swatch. (That's another story for perhaps tomorrow!) There are a few E.L.F. Cosmetics on my face as well. Want to know what? That's below!


On my face:

E.L.F. Cosmetics:

All Over Color Stick in Apricot Beige

Studio Complexion Perfection - disguises redness, yellow, red and blue undertones on your face.

Image from E.L.F. Cosmetics Website
A quick sidenote for color usage:
Yellow- neutralizes red, and brightens complexion
Blue- neutralizes orange
Pink- neutralizes gray
Green- neutralizes redness (perfect for blemishes)


High Definition Powder - Can I say new found Holy Grail in my stash?? Yes... I know, it's not 100% mineral. Notice how smooth and matte my face looks?? Yes- this is why! This is why it's given the a-ok.


Physicians Formula: Organics Mineral Foundation

Lips: L'Oreal lipcolor in Neverending Rose (Sorry Feline, I didn't realize I "stole" it from you! Found it in my bag!)





Eyes:

Moi Minerals:

Mineral Shadows in Psycho (contains carmine), Amethyst Lights, Wicked and Shimmer & Pearls (*)

E.L.F. Cosmetics:
Waterproof Eyeliner in Black

Wet 'N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in Black, and MegaLength Mascara in Black


(*) Cosmetics were given to me free of charge.

I have not been compensated by this company, or any others, for making this video or offering personal opinions. I'm just sharing the fun!


As always, thank you for stopping by!

~*Snarky P

No comments:

Post a Comment