September 23, 2010

Get the Look - Everyday Simple Makeup in Neutral Tones

Updated 03/05/2011 & 03/06/2011


This is strictly my own personal opinion about the matter. All material uncovered was done through a public google internet search with a few different keyword entries.

Due to information uncovered and revealed about this company, I cannot in good conscience or good faith recommend anyone support this reportedly handmade, organic small business. If information had been disclosed prior to discovery by the shop owner herself, I would have no problem with continuing to purchase. Regretfully, the scope of the lie and how many different people it could have potentially affected and hurt leaves me no other choice than to say this is not an honest company to do business with.

For information as to why, you can read more below:


http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-way-that-way-which-way-whats-going.html
http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tale-of-orglamix-organic-ending.html


Or click here for more links and topics. The information can be found just below the introduction paragraph on the page.

**********************************************************


What?! Snarky P actually doesn't wear wild and crazy makeup all the time?!?!?! Absurd!







I know it's shocking... Take a moment to catch your breath. There you go ;)
It's true. I don't always go out with wild, bright colors on my lids... Because some days I just don't want to spend the time dicking around with makeup and making it just perfect..... Sometimes I just want to swipe on some color, liner, mascara and go. Oh, and there's foundation and blush too... But that's it!
Applying the makeup goes much quicker than it does in the video- seriously, this takes maybe 6 minutes to get everything done so you're ready to go out the door. I gab a lot, and give hints and tips, along with the introduction and "thank you for watching my video...." blah blah blah's. Overall, to achieve this look- it's simple.


I'm using only four eye shadow colors from Orglamix. One is used for liner. Swipe on mascara, blush and/or bronzer (which is optional) and viola! Finished and ready for a low key day! I also love the fact that I can wear these colors year round- it's just not season-specific.

What's on my face:

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream by Clinique.
I use this moisturizer because I find it gives me just the right amount of softness in my skin- and it helps prevent me from breaking out. Additionally, it doesn't cause my skin to freak out and start generating oil- which bothers me greatly.

Physician's Formula: Organics - Mineral Foundation in Translucent- Lightest Shade
In my quest to make my cosmetic routine as natural as possible (minus moisturizer, mascara & lips, sometimes eyeliner) I use this foundation for my face, and also with primer as a slightly heavier concealer. I love how the powder applies and really evens out my skin tone overall. I've been using it for approximately a year, and I've found my skin has considerably fewer breakouts, and my once oily "T-Zone" is practically non-existent. I love it! There are days, of course, and hormones that bring out a little oil... But for the most part, this stuff does its job very well!

Orglamix Cosmetics- Primer & Eye Shadows
Magnetism- a wonderful, silky lid primer which holds colors in place... ALL DAY!

Champagne Toast- a nude, champagne color packed with sparkle.
Espresso- a rich, brown-bronze shade which brightens up my eyes and adds just the right amount of definition
Vanilla Birthday Cake- a white, shimmery and beautiful shadow used as a highlighter in this instance
Brimstone- applied wet as a dark gray, smoky eyeliner
Ginger- mineral blush, which is a rosy, warm toned peach
Topaz- a light bronzer to define my cheekbones

Women with blue eyes can wear almost any colors- but choose carefully and specifically what brown shades you pick out. These are the only shades in the spectrum which may be tougher for blue-eyed ladies to wear.

I'm using Espresso, and I like it because it's a bit more of a "brighter" brown color. There's plenty of shimmer and shine, and it really makes my eyes pop. Blue-eyed girls want to be careful to not pick a really "dark" or "muddy" brown- this will just make your eyes appear smaller and darker than we want to create. For those ladies with green, brown, or hazel eyes- lighter and darker browns will work for you in pretty much any shade. Especially complimentary for green and hazel eyes are colors which have a touch of bronze or gold- it will bring out the gold flecks and really pop the natural colors in your iris for you. Ladies with brown eyes will look amazing with slightly metallic or shimmery shades- since this also will bring out tones not usually seen in dark eyes. The marbling effect is wonderful, wouldn't you agree??

Also, I'm using a great product from My Beauty Addiction.
Foiling & Lining Medium- This liquid medium turns any dry shadow into an instant liner, or can be used to "foil" color onto your eyes- applied wet, the color is more intense and stays put. It does not, however, apply to creme colors.

Wet 'N Wild MegaLength Mascara 
This finishes off the look by defining and darkening the lashes. I haven't bought cosmetics from this company in a long time- because honestly, they didn't use to be that good. But I took a chance- and by all accounts, I love this mascara. I have really long lashes as it is, so I don't need thickening or lengthening for my peepers. However, some of the "normal" mascaras I've used just don't give the same coverage and "oomph" I'm looking for... And thus I've settled with this lengthening one. I don't apply it generously to the tips of my lashes, only because I don't want to extend them out too far- do you have any idea how aggravating it is to slip on a pair of sunglasses and have your lashes touch the lens every time you blink?!?! No? Well... it's enough to drive you mad! Trust me, it is. So if you're looking for a really good mascara, and don't want to pay out the nose for one... This is a brand I would recommend to use.

There you have it- my everyday, typical look when I use brown.

What's your go-to look for everyday wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment