January 21, 2011

Get The Look - Peacock Inspired Eyes I

Updated 03/05/2011 & 03/06/2011


This is strictly my own personal opinion about the matter. All material uncovered was done through a public google internet search with a few different keyword entries.

Due to information uncovered and revealed about this company, I cannot in good conscience or good faith recommend anyone support this reportedly handmade, organic small business. If information had been disclosed prior to discovery by the shop owner herself, I would have no problem with continuing to purchase. Regretfully, the scope of the lie and how many different people it could have potentially affected and hurt leaves me no other choice than to say this is not an honest company to do business with.

For information as to why, you can read more below:


http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-way-that-way-which-way-whats-going.html
http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tale-of-orglamix-organic-ending.html


Or click here for more links and topics. The information can be found just below the introduction paragraph on the page.

**********************************************************


It's been a long few weeks... And I know you gals have been super-patient waiting for this vid to arrive... And I appreciate you sticking around waiting for it!

This is the first in a peacock inspired series- there are literally so many different ways these colors can be worn, combined and accented that I'll put together a bunch for you! Next up you're likely to see another sports team... I gotta get crackin on those babies!

I've always been fascinated by birds with iridescent feathers, and unique patterns. These include (strangely enough) Blue Jays, Mallard Ducks, Peacocks, Pheasants and many other birds. Up here, when I was little, a guy a town over used to keep the birds in pens in his yard. People would stop and park on the side of the road- and the birds, true to their character, would usually be persuaded to show their colors. Not by intimidation of course- but they loved the attention they would get. I think the walnuts helped too... Ha ha ha! I remember stopping with my Grandfather too, many times. Oh- it's the good memories!







Without any further ado, I give you Peacock Eyes!

On My Face:
Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream
e.l.f. Complexion Perfection
Physicians Formula Organics: Mineral Foundation in Translucent Fair
e.l.f. High Definition finishing powder

On My Eyes:

Orglamix Cosmetics in order of application:
Magnetism Eye-Primer (topped with a pat of the high definition powder)
Snow (on browbone)
Acai Berry on lid only
Lavande applied over AB, and blended
Celadon applied above the crease and blended into Snow, pulled down to crease. Touch more applied
Aegean applied to crease, blended well with Celadon, lightly blended with purples, and more applied
Solar applied to inner corner of eye, blended lightly with purples and into Aegean
Solar applied to inner 1/3 of bottom lashline
Lavande applied to outer 1/3 of bottom lashline
Celadon applied to middle of bottom lashline, blended into other two colors lightly

Wet 'N Wild Black Kohl Eyeliner applied to upper and lower waterlines
Aegean applied to bottom lashline with straight eyeliner brush
Wet 'N Wild Gel Eyeliner in black applied to upper lashline
Curl eyelashes, and I applied Wet 'N Wild MegaPlump mascara in 2x coats

Cheeks are finished by sweeping Orglamix's Mineral Blush in Ginger across the hollows of my cheeks and upper cheekbones. Lips have e.l.f's Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Candlelight applied.

Done!

What do you think?
This look is quite toned down due to the lighting- it's quite a bit more intense in person than pictures show! The glitters that catch in the sunlight are gorgeous- so please, don't be mislead by the pictures!

xoxoxo ~*Snarky P

2 comments:

  1. Wowww gorgeous!!! Great job honey:))
    Lovely blog..plz do check out my new site- http://www.chamberofbeauty.com
    It'll be soo sweet of you if you follow me new site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rakhshanda!
    I'm following you :)

    ReplyDelete