January 25, 2011

Get The Look - Moi Minerals "Dramatic Red & Gold"

Hell-ooooooooooo gaw-jus!
Rich jewel tones on your eyes? Yes! Even red?! Absolutely!!! Grab your favorite pair of black pumps and vamp it up girls!
While hard to believe, you can wear red on your eyes without looking like you're having an allergy attack or a pink eye infection. The trick is to match it with complimentary colors, and blend well! And never- ever ever ever- put it on your waterline. That will definitely make you look sick! Pick a color that will compliment your skin tone- you don't want a red that resembles irritated skin. Anyways... Onwards and upwards!

The majority of the cosmetics used in this tutorial are from Moi Minerals Cosmetics, and also from her Etsy shop!! There's a light taupe and a pretty gold color I've used from the e.l.f. Limited Edition Natural Palette. Other cosmetics include Wet 'N Wild kohl eyeliner, gel eyeliner, and MegaPlump mascara.

I had already done my foundation- which consists of Physicians Formula Organics: Mineral Foundation in Translucent Fair. I've also used e.l.f. Concealer & Highlighter under my eyes, and over blemishes. The highlighter went on the bridge of my nose, the top of my cheekbones, and the "V" above where my nose is. I finished off with e.l.f. High Definition Powder.

What's on my eyes for colors from Moi Minerals:
Rockstar Red (medium)
Crazy Bitch (dark shimmery; eyeliner)
Shimmers & Pearls
Galaxy (over eyeliner to set)
The Natural Palette colors from e.l.f. I've used were:
Shimmery Gold in the top row, middle pan.
Light Taupe in bottom row, far left pan.

Watch the video below to see how to create this look!





So there you have it... Sexy, sultry eyes using red and gold!! As I said- you don't have to wing the shadow out as far as I did for this look. You can bring the red slightly above your crease and right to the end of your eye for a more subdued look. Wing the shadow out a touch, and blend with the gold color at the edges- and you still have a pretty eye look!

What do you think? Is this something you'd rock on out to, or subdue a bit?


x0x0x0 ~*Snarky P

No comments:

Post a Comment