April 4, 2011

Late Nails - Saint Patrick's Day Green


Yep, I know... I'm way behind the 8 ball on this one... But seriously, with everything that's happened in the past week, it's been hectic... I've hardly been home due to a family emergency... And yeah. Needed to catch my breath after all the back and forth between places. Luckily, things are slowly getting back to some semblance of normal, and it's looking good!! Remember- click on the photos to enjoy maximum sparkling polish goodness!!!!!!!


Anywho, I did get my paws on some new Sinful Colors polishes just in time for "Kiss Me I'm Irish" day. Yes, that's right... I picked up Irish Green, and the now highly sought after Green Ocean. I wanted my nails to positively scream as I entered a room. And oh baby, did they!! Going back and forth to see Mom, nearly each lady that saw my nails asked what color I was wearing. It was incredible... It must have been about 2 dozen total.



Nothing special was done with these nails. First off, yes. They are my natural ones!! They're never looked so good!! And I plan to keep it going!
Nails:

Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat

Three coats Irish Green
Since I'm rather new to the "polish blogging world", I've only recently discovered that nail polishes have all sorts of descriptions to illustrate to people exactly how they wear. From what I can tell, this particular color would be identified as a "jelly". Why? This green is bright and intense- but as you can tell in some of the photos, you can still see some of my natural nails through the polish- even with three coats applied. When the polish dries, it holds that "wet look" and is a pretty transparent color.

Green Ocean
I believe this color needs no introduction... Well, perhaps it does.
A watery green glitter polish, with large flecks of iridescent green and blue flakies, smaller green glitter... And oh my gosh just one of the most awesome colors I've yet to encounter.

Manicure finished off with Seche Vite top coat!


I loved the fact that my nails announced my presence into a room, not to mention that they kind of reminded me of Kryptonite. No, I didn't run into Superman anywhere, but if I do, I'll be sure to have these nails if I do! Certainly a combination of colors I'll soon again wear.... But next time, I'll check to see if they glow in the dark!


Tell me... Are you Green with Envy yet? And to think- this is my first mani in weeks that I haven't done any nail stamping with!!

x0x0x0 ~*Snarky P

No comments:

Post a Comment