December 1, 2010

Get the Look - GLAMPING!

Updated 03/05/2011 & 03/06/2011


This is strictly my own personal opinion about the matter. All material uncovered was done through a public google internet search with a few different keyword entries.

Due to information uncovered and revealed about this company, I cannot in good conscience or good faith recommend anyone support this reportedly handmade, organic small business. If information had been disclosed prior to discovery by the shop owner herself, I would have no problem with continuing to purchase. Regretfully, the scope of the lie and how many different people it could have potentially affected and hurt leaves me no other choice than to say this is not an honest company to do business with.

For information as to why, you can read more below:


http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-way-that-way-which-way-whats-going.html
http://the-eyes-have-it-all.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tale-of-orglamix-organic-ending.html


Or click here for more links and topics. The information can be found just below the introduction paragraph on the page.

**********************************************************


You're probably making the same WTF face I did when I first heard the term. I admit- I started giggling, I had no clue what it meant.... But to me, it sounds dirty. Like one of those words you utter amongst your girlfriends group and you all laugh in a conspiratorial way which garners strange looks from anyone within hearing distance.





Glamping. Hahahaha...
Ok seriously- I found a few seriously side-splitting definitions of this new term thanks to Urban Dictionary:



1.) Shorthand for glamorous camping; luxury camping:
I ain't sleepin' in no tent! For real, I'm goin' glamping!
2.) Glamorous camping. Satisfying your craving for the outdoors and your penchant for a good meal, nice glass of wine, and a comfortable bed.
No stinky sleeping bags on the hard ground, and freeze-dried food for me. If it's not a Glamping trip, count me out.
And my personal favorite:
3.) Glamorous camping; when rich bitches can pay someone to do all the work for them
"Oh Heathcliffe dear, I'm ever so glad we are glamping this weekend. By the way, is the butler done catching our trout?"

Um... Seriously?!?! I'm not able to camp right this second because a) it's COLD here in New England and b) bad back issues prevent me from having any sort of real fun right now.... But I'm all for throwing a tent into the back of my SUV, packing one cooler full of beer, another full of soda and alcohol, another full of beer, an extra one full of ice, another cooler with extra beer, an air mattress, maybe a couple fishin' poles and bait, and a shotgun in case a pesky bear, coyote or raccoon ventures into camp. (Of course, I've never been camping where a gun is used- it just helps to sleep next to one. Bear claws can go right through nylon...) I think that's it as far as packing. Oh wait.... I feel like I'm forgetting something...


I never thought the minimal makeup I dragged along with me would be considered a glamorous trait. Whatever- it's quick, easy, and I'm done in less than 5 minutes. (The video, again, is long because I blab!) The great perk of using only mineral makeup (which I didn't do concerning the concealer and tinted moisturizer- but they're light enough they won't clog my pores or make me break out) is that the minerals won't force your skin to react horribly and sneaking one mother Vesuvius on your chin that's going to erupt... After forming miraculously overnight somehow. Well, more than likely, if you're like me... It was during the early early morning sleep.... Because drinking and hanging out goes hand in hand with staying up late- very late.... Again, not an activity I could enjoy this past summer. Next one, I plan to make it all up! So if any of you chicks wanna plan a Glamping trip with me, leave a comment below! LOL
Yours truly, making a really weird face.

Mineral makeup tends to stay where it's put. Foundation does need to be redone, but all in all, eye makeup typically stays put. Sweet and simple looks- all you need to do is a touch up!
Face Ingredients:
e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer
(I forgot color, I'll add after)
e.l.f. Concealer
PF: Organics Mineral Foundation in Translucent Light

Espresso & Champagne Toast

The Eyes Have It:
100% Mineral Eye Products
Orglamix Cosmetics:
Magnetism Eye Primer
Champagne Toast
Espresso
Ginger Blush
WNW Black Kohl Eyeliner
WNW MegaLength Mascara


Stay sexy, stay as sweet as you can... And remember- the wild outdoors isn't nearly as scary as you think! Camping is fun!!!!

Oh yeah.... I remembered what I felt I was forgetting. You have to pack food too!! Sustenance is key! Just remember to lock up all your food in the vehicles before going to bed. The wild animals will try and get it if you leave it out.

Giggles and laughs tonight to you all!
~*Snarky P

No comments:

Post a Comment