February 16, 2011

Moi Minerals Vault - Glassy Lady : Quick Makeup for Chicks Who Wear Glasses

 I admit it... Finally! I wear them!
I know I don't often wear them, but here you see me in all my square-framed glory. And I have to admit- I kinda love my glasses! I don't wear them often because I'm not in class and no longer need to see a blackboard, I don't really drive yet, and usually what I need is on my lap... Aka, the computer.

This has been a request for some time in order to do this look. It can be difficult to find a happy-medium when putting eye makeup on and having to wear lenses. This one is a toned town, more natural look to start it off easy. I look back on some photos of me in glasses, and let me tell you... You can tell I didn't care that my eyeliner was wayyy too dark and I looked like a raccoon. Whoops! The point of doing makeup behind lenses is to accentuate and draw attention to the eyelids (not the glasses!) and the last thing we want to do is make it appear like we have small, beady eyes.



It's as easy as 1-2-3! Watch the tutorial above to see exactly how I did it!


On my face:
Stila Petal Infusions Moisturizing Cream
e.l.f. Concealer & Highlighter
Physicians Formula: Organics Mineral Foundation

On my eyes:
Moi Minerals Cosmetics Eye Shadows in:
Angel Eyes, Raze & Sage Rage
Valentine was used as blush & mixed with balm on my lips

Wet 'N Wild ColorIcon Black and White Kohl Eyeliner
WnW MegaEyes Gel Eyeliner in Black
WnW MegaPlump Mascara

Basically, Angel Eyes is applied to the entire eye area with a "C" brush from e.l.f.- from lid to brow bone and blended in lightly. Swipe a little bit along your bottom lash line to highlight your eyes.

Raze is applied with a contoured eye shadow brush to the outer half of the lids, and with whatever is left on the brush, it's applied to the outer third-to-half of the lower lid.

Sage Rage is picked up on an e.l.f. Crease Brush and applied to the crease area only, and outer "V" of the eye. Using an e.l.f. Blending Brush, lightly blend out the green upwards toward the brow bone. This will feather the color to be very subtle, but still provides definition to the eyes. Taking a flat eyeliner brush, pick a little of Sage Rage up and apply it to the bottom three-quarters of the lashline.

Tightline your upper lid with black kohl liner (line underneath your lashes, it's your upper waterline), line your bottom waterline in white kohl eyeliner. Grabbing the straight brush again, pick up a little of Sage Rage and apply it over the white liner- carefully! Don't poke your eye!

Next, grab an angled eyeliner brush and gel eyeliner. Working the color into your lashes only, and starting mid lid, lightly line your eyes. The closer you stay to your lashes, the more natural this will look. By working the color into your lashes, it will fill them in and make them appear darker and fuller. I picked up Sage Rage with a flat eyeliner brush, and used it to both set the gel liner and create an iridescent color. It's quite beautiful- it doesn't lighten the black liner completely- it still keeps it's depth- but it softens the color just enough and creates a pretty iridescent and custom liner! Curl, apply mascara, and go!

And there you have it! Quick & Easy!
Of course, this doesn't have to be worn by only gals who wear glasses!

Do you wear them??

x0x0x0 ~*Snarky P

No comments:

Post a Comment